Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alta Chair Sketch

This sketch is of the Alta Chair from CB2 by Manuel Saez and Partners. I admired it in person at the CB2 boutique in SOHO, a short distance from the design studio it was conceived in (Brooklyn). The design is really elegant, simple, and deceivingly fluid. My sketch loses some of the subtle shaping in the backrest so wonderfully executed on the real product. I've also made the legs too short. Overall I think my line weights are pretty good (although they tend to favor the heavier side, a few key lighter line weights would add a great deal of dynamic to the sketch.) One of my last projects at Quirky was a furniture piece and it was in the process of designing it that I fell in love with furniture. A couple of key themes emerged this past year (eyewear, furniture and cars). I'd love design all three someday. But, I am happy just drawing. I love my time with pencil and paper. I feel fulfilled and at peace when I'm sketching.
Thanks for stopping by!

See you tomorrow!

-Park

No comments:

Post a Comment